Hotel Engineer Burned in Arc Flash Incident

Hotel Engineer Burned in Arc Flash Incident

The chief engineer at the Hyatt Regency was working on an electrical panel when an arc flash occurred.

A 58-year-old man was seriously burned and two other men suffered minor injuries in an electrical explosion at a Hauppauge, N.Y., hotel earlier this week. The chief engineer at the Hyatt Regency was working on an electrical panel when an arc flash occurred, according to report from the Hauppage Patch.

Vincent Papa suffered second and third degree burns to over 63% of his body and was transported to the hospital. His injuries are considered serious but non-life threatening. Two other people suffered minor burns. Pablo Merino, 41, sustained burns to his head and hands, and Jose Mortello, 54, suffered burns to his face.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish