Standard Insurance Plaza M.O. Stevens
Standard Insurance Plaza

Apprentice Electrician Dies After Live Wire Shock During Remodel Project

Nathan E. Pruitt was working on a bathroom remodel project at the Standard Insurance Plaza when he touched a live, 270-V line.

A 26-year-old apprentice electrician died earlier this month after he was shocked by a live wire in downtown Portland, Oregon. Nathan E. Pruitt was working on a bathroom remodel project at the Standard Insurance Plaza when he touched a live, 270-V line.

The Daily News Online reported that at least four other electricians were on the job, and at least one journeyman electrician would have been with Pruitt.

All wires electricians work on are supposed to be dead. The U.S. Occupational Health and Safety Administration is investigating the accident. Pruitt was working for Hughes Electrical Contractors Inc. of Hillsboro, Oregon, at the time...(The Daily News Online)

TAGS: Safety
Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish