fire truck Rennett Stowe from USA

Firefighter Shocked While Battling House Fire

The shock was not life-threatening but he was transported to a hospital as a precaution.

A Las Vegas firefighter was shocked while responding to a house fire that was most likely electrical in nature. The shock was not life-threatening but he was transported to a hospital as a precaution.

The firefighter received the shock when he touched a metal gas pipe in the house even after firefighters had previously shut off the main electrical switch and circuite breaker to the home, according to Las Vegas' 13 Action News website.

The fire was ruled accidental as an investigation revealed an electric short outside, and underground was leaking a small amount of electricity close to where the natural gas line feeds into the house.

The news site said that the fire caused heavy damage to one end of the attic, and some damage to the roof. There was slight damage to the living room and kitchen. Damage was estimated at $75,000.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish