A home networking course could be coming to a city near you. Parks Associates, a Dallas-based market research and consulting firm, is embarking on a Residential Technologies Road Tour. Its latest workshop, Thinking Beyond the Box, will visit three cities. Here is the schedule for the workshops:
Aug. 15, 2002
Sheraton Suites Alexandria
Oct. 3, 2002
Sherlock Holmes Hotel
Special London Workshop
Oct. 18, 2002
San Jose, CA
The Alexandria and San Jose workshops will focus on the following topics:
- Cable, DSL, Satellite, and Other Last-Mile Technologies
- Consumer Demand for Broadband Services
- Making Sense of Home Networking Options, Including "The Wacky World of Wireless"
- Home Routers, Set-Tops, Media Servers and Other Residential Gateways
- Key developments in the world of digital entertainment applications
- Insight into linkages between broadband providers and home networks/residential gateway deployment
- Is the set-top box ready for "prime time" as a media server?
- Marketing to key consumer segments: what sells now, and to whom?
Visit Parks Associates Web site for more information and to register for the workshops.