The International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD), an international organization supporting a network of 900 lighting design professionals who satisfy its rigorous qualification process, and the Institution of Lighting Professionals (ILP), the United Kingdom and Ireland's largest and most influential professional lighting association, recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to work cooperatively toward developing the architectural lighting design profession and elevating awareness of quality lighting. The MOU emphasizes the need to demonstrate cooperative collaboration within the lighting profession.
The IALD is an internationally recognized organization comprised of independent and esteemed professionals dedicated to the very highest standards in lighting design. IALD's collaboration with ILP further strengthens its commitment to developing innovative programs in support of the lighting design industry and its practitioners.
The MOU highlights five key areas on which the IALD and the ILP will collaborate:
- Collaboration on international, national, and regional events that are appropriate to the aims of both organizations
- Developing training courses jointly, or with the support of each organization and making those courses available to the members of both organizations
- Collaboration and consultation on the development, promotion, and support of technical, advisory, and information publications of both organizations
- Dissemination and sharing of technical and design information among the members of both organizations
- Promoting lighting as a career to young people and supporting young lighting professionals.