Building Big in Texas

With 163 projects totaling more than $24 billion under construction (see Chart), Texas is the leader for industrial project construction activity, according to research by Industrial Info Resources, Sugar Land, Texas. The marketing information services company estimates that 84% of the projects are in stages between structural erection and final checkout/commissioning. The remaining 16% are undergoing

With 163 projects totaling more than $24 billion under construction (click here to see Chart) , Texas is the leader for industrial project construction activity, according to research by Industrial Info Resources, Sugar Land, Texas. The marketing information services company estimates that 84% of the projects are in stages between structural erection and final checkout/commissioning. The remaining 16% are undergoing site-preparation activities.

The industrial manufacturing industry comprises the bulk of the industrial construction projects in Texas, with 20 projects valued at almost $8.8 billion. These projects include semiconductor manufacturing and research and development (R&D) facilities being built by Advanced Micro Devices, Sunnyvale, Calif.; Texas Instruments, Dallas; and Samsung Semiconductors, San Jose, Calif. The latter company is building a 1 million-square-foot manufacturing plant totaling $3.5 billion. Construction began in December 2006 and is expected to be completed by 2009.

TAGS: content
Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish