MGE UPS Systems, Technical Consumer Products, Siemens Building Technologies
- Costa Mesa, Calif.-based MGE UPS Systems recently received Frost & Sullivan’s 2005 UPS Company of the Year award. The award is based on the company’s business development, competitive strategy, and leadership.
- Technical Consumer Products, Inc., Aurora, Ohio, received accreditation from the Underwirter’s Laboratory (UL) for a UL testing facility at its corporate headquarters. At its lab, the company will have the capability to test lamps, fixtures, and ballasts for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Chaffey College in San Bernardino County, Calif., has awarded Buffalo Grove, Ill.-based Siemens Building Technologies, Inc. a $18.5 million contract to design and build a new energy-efficient heating and cooling plant to serve its 20-building campus. The plant will be housed in 10,000-square-foot concrete building containing two large boilers and chillers, cooling towers, pumps, piping, and energy-management system controls.
- St. Louis-based International Wire Group, Inc. sold and leased some of its U.S. insulated wire manufacturing facilities and a distribution center to Copperfield LLC, Bremen, Ind., for an undisclosed amount. International Wire plans to use proceeds from the deal, which does not affect its facilities in Mexico and the Philippines, to reduce borrowings under its credit facility and for general corporate purposes.
- EDGE Marketing and Procurement Group recognized Milwaukee-based HellermannTyton with two awards for supplier excellence at this year’s EDGE conference. The manufacturer of network cabling products received the Best Outside Support and Partners in Excellence awards.