- WDF Services Corp. and Five Star Electric Corp. recently merged to create GreenStar Services Corp., New York, one of the nation’s leading mechanical, electrical, and specialty contractors with backlog exceeding $1.1 billion. By establishing a single source mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) service provider, GreenStar, through its three operating subsidiaries, is now better positioned to fully capitalize on the unprecedented growth of complex infrastructure and environmental projects in the markets in which it operates.
- New York-based Clear Skies Holdings, recently announced an agreement with Hawthorne Machinery to install a solar energy system at the company’s 25-acre headquarters in Rancho Bernardo, Calif. Under the agreement, Clear Skies will install a 159kW photovoltaic (PV) system designed to offset the majority of buildings’ current energy usage charges.
- West Hartford, Conn.-based Cablofil/Legrand has announced the acquisition of Pico Rivera, Calif.-based PW Industries, a manufacturer of cable trays and prefabricated wiring systems. In a separate announcement, Legrand, the parent company of Cablofil/Legrand, announced the recent acquisition of Macse, Mexico’s leading producer of metal cable trays.
- ersol Thin Film GmbH, a subsidiary of ersol Solar Energy AG, Thuringia, Germany, and SCHOTT Solar GmbH, Alzenau, Bavaria, have concluded a cooperative agreement under which they will jointly develop micromorphous technology for thin-film solar cells. The two companies will be combining their resources in the area of research and development with the aim of achieving faster product maturity and hence a leading market position in micromorphous solar modules.
- The Engineering Services Department of Dallas-based Shermco Industries has formed a Protection and Control Group within its Engineering Services Department. The company, a leading provider of rotating apparatus and electrical power system testing, commissioning, repair, maintenance and training, has always performed system protection and control work for the electric power industry.
Business Briefs for the Week of Feb. 11, 2008
GreenStar Services, Clear Skies Holdings, Cablofil/Legrand