NESCO, New Jersey Supreme Court, Equity/EDN
- Canton-Mass.-based NESCO recently completed its planned expansion to include a new East Coast office located in Charlotte, N.C. The expansion is part of the company’s strategy to complete its electrical offering with additional national coverage.
- The New Jersey Supreme Court recently ruled that a roughly $3 million verdict was properly awarded to a recreational facility that caught fire in 1998. In the case, Gymnastics Plus claimed that the fire would not have happened if the local public utility had fitted the gym’s transformer with the proper fuse.
- Equity/EDN, a nationwide organization of independent electrical distributors, recently presented awards to five companies at its annual conference. NSI, Ideal Industries, Bridgeport Fittings, Encore Wire & Cable, and Arlington Industries were all recipients.
- Syska Hennessy Group is currently designing a new library for the city of Santa Monica, Calif. The $40 million-project is seeking LEED Silver certification and is expected to be completed in late 2005.
- Boeing’s electrical union recently approved a five-year contract offer from Onex Corp., the Canadian buyer of the company’s commercial aircraft operations. This is the first union to strike a deal since the sale was announced.
- MGE UPS recently announced the expansion of its MGE IT services to include installation and start-up of its EX RT UPS family. The services are available during normal business hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.