State / Province: GA
Profile Type: Job
Salary: Available upon Request
Job type: Full
Job level: Experienced
Employer Type: Recruiter
Description: Provides advanced technical / engineering expertise and guidance in the identification and resolution of hydro electrical, controls, and PLC programming problems at multiple hydro locations. Responsible for cradle-to-grave PLC based controls upgrade projects including design, testing, project management, installation, drawing development and documentation, and start-up commissioning. Provides vision and plans for maintaining and enhancing future controls capability as existing equipment and software become obsolete.- Responsible for training new hires and re-qualifying existing technicians and system operators on the use of upgraded controls via development of simulator modules or other training techniques.
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college / university.
* Multi-skilled individual with expert capabilities in the Hydro controls area with extensive experience in the design, testing, installation, start-up, and troubleshooting of PLC based control systems.
* 10+ years of relevant work experience in the hydro controls area with a demonstrated progression of responsibilities.
* Familiarity with designing MMI layouts for improved human performance.
* Demonstrated ability to lead a work group or major project team.
* Hands-on and results oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Demonstrated responsiveness and personal flexibility including willingness to travel.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze situations and make tough decisions quickly.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Effective motivator and self-starter with demonstrated abilities as a high performer.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated business skills including profitability focus, benefit / cost analysis evaluations, and cost containment principles. * Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing processes, responsibilities, and work environments.
* EIT certification
* PE registration.
* Extensive experience with Fix32 MMI.
* Governor speed control experience.
* Supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
* Comprehensive knowledge of hydro plant operations, maintenance, and regulatory requirements.
Contact: Craig Stephens
Company Name: High Voltage Careers
Email Address: [email protected]
Phone Number: 1-972-623-3970
Fax Number: 1-972-623-3245