Ballys

Atlantic City Casino Evacuated Due to Electrical Fire

The third-floor transformer room was filled with heavy black smoke Saturday night.

A casino floor had to be temporarily evacuated during an electrical fire this weekend at Bally's Wild West in Atlantic City.

According to a report from Press of Atlantic City, the third-floor transformer room was filled with heavy black smoke Saturday night, making it difficult to find the source of the fire for responders. But the fire crew found a burning electrical panel.

Dry chemical extinguishers had to be used rather than water from hose lines due to the amount of electricity in the room, the acting Fire Chief said. The fire was under control by 7:50 p.m.

"You could smell the burning electrical wires from the casino floor and outside in the street," the chief said.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish