Carhartt has informed customers about a voluntary product notification regarding nine Flame Resistant (FR) sweatshirt styles with durable water repellent finish (DWR) manufactured in 2014 and after. Test results indicate inconsistencies in the performance ratings of these industrial garments, and some of the garments may not currently meet the requirements of NFPA 2112 and NFPA 70E. Carhartt has not received any reports of injuries or failures of the product; however, it is asking for all affected garments to be returned. Customers should contact Carhartt Customer Service at 888-894-7601 to return the product and obtain a refund.
“Carhartt takes seriously the safety of our hardworking customers. Because some of the affected garments may not currently meet the requirements of NFPA 2112 and NFPA 70E and do not meet Carhartt’s high quality standards, we are asking all customers to return the affected product,” said Linda Hubbard, Carhartt president and chief operating officer. “We’re committed to continuous improvement in our products and processes and will continue to work to meet and exceed industry standards.”
The list of affected products, by style number, can be found below:
- 100647 FR Thermal-lined Full-Zip Sweatshirt
- 101203 Flame-Resistant Heavyweight Klondike Sweatshirt
- 101247 FR Klondike Sweatshirt
- 101700 Flame Resistant Striped Klondike Sweatshirt
- 101702 Flame-Resistant Thermal Lined Sweatshirt
- 101951 Flame-Resistant Klondike Hood
- FRK006 Flame-Resistant Heavyweight Hooded Sweatshirt
- FRK007 Flame-Resistant Heavyweight Zip-Front Hooded Sweatshirt
- FRK127 FR Crewneck Pullover Sweatshirt
No other Carhartt products are impacted by this product notification. Carhartt regrets any inconvenience this product notification may cause.