Electrical Contractors Burned at Ramada Hotel

Electrical Contractors Burned at Ramada Hotel

The workers were burned while working on an electrical panel at the Ramada Hotel.

Two electrical contractors suffered serious injuries after being burned at a hotel in southwest Charlotte last week. The workers were burned while working on an electrical panel at the Ramada Hotel.

According to a report from WBTV.com, a flash fire sparked up during the incident. Fire crews say there was not a fire when they arrived, but that firefighters reported seeing a small amount of smoke.

"They were working on a panel, it’s a main large electrical panel that’s 480 volts and whatever happened something in there went wrong and it flashed and like I said electricity and a flash fire," Battalion Chief Paula McDaniel told WBTV.

Duke Energy cut power to the hotel, they said, as a precaution.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish