Electrical Fire Closes Pizza Restaurant in New Hampshire

Electrical Fire Closes Pizza Restaurant in New Hampshire

The blaze caused about $100,000 in damage to the Derry Restaurant & Pizza.

A fire that displaced two families last week and closed a Derry, N.H., restaurant, was most likely started by a loose electrical connection.

According to a report from The New Hampshire Union Leader, the blaze caused about $100,000 in damage to the Derry Restaurant & Pizza. Workers reported seeing sparks coming from the electrical panel in the basement of the building while they were unloading stock.

Fire investigators later disassembled the panelboard and determined that a short likely caused the blaze. It possibly was caused by a loose connection on a breaker that corroded over time and caught fire, a fire investigator said.

TAGS: News
Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish