fire sbayram/iStock/Thinkstock

Electrical Fire Guts Downtown Sutton, Nebraska, Building

The building was owned by a construction contracting company.

An electrical fire in downtown Sutton, Nebraska gutted an office building on the evening of Oct. 31. The building was owned by a construction contracting company, according to a report from the Associated Press.

The Sutton Volunteer Fire Department announced the following day that the fire in was being ruled electrical. The Sutton Fire Chief said there was "quite a bit of damage with flames burning through the second floor ceiling and the roof," NBC Nebraska reported.

No injuries were reported due to the fire, but fire officials said the fire caused hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damage.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish