Electrical Fire Injures Workers in New York

Electrical Fire Injures Workers in New York

The fire broke out on the 23rd floor of the Easton.

An electrical fire at the construction site of an East 92nd Street luxury apartment tower in New York injured three workers this past Tuesday morning, FDNY officials said.

According to a report from DNAInfo, the fire broke out on the 23rd floor of the Easton. The three construction workers, who are with New Jersey-based company Top Shelf Electric, suffered minor burns and two of them were taken to the hospital. One of the workers refused transport.

An electrician at the site said his co-workers were burned on their sides and arms and one man was burned on the neck. "One of them touched a panel and it was hot, and then 'boom,' an explosion," he said.

The building was closed for the FDNY investigation and a number of electrical workers were sent home after the fire. Con Edison was on scene but did not have to shut power off to the building.

TAGS: News
Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish