Fire Destroys Electrical Storage Building in Maine

Fire Destroys Electrical Storage Building in Maine

One person was injured, and about $1 million worth of inventory was lost.

An electrical warehouse was destroyed by fire earlier this week in Monmouth, Maine. One person was injured, and about $1 million worth of inventory was lost.

According to a report from CentralMaine.com, the building was owned by AD Electric, Inc. The fire chief said that the fire started in a bucket truck and spread to the nearby building.

The building was an old chicken barn roughly 400 ft long and was used for storage for the company.

AD Electric employee Jeff Quinn, who has worked for AD Electric for seven years, told reporters he was working on the other side of the building from where an employee in the bucket truck was welding an item up in the air. He believes the fire started when a hot piece of slag from the welded metal fell onto one of the bucket truck’s hydraulic hoses. Quinn heard commotion and ran to the other side of the building, where the employee who had been welding was desperately trying to lower the bucket to the ground so he could escape the now burning truck.

The building was leveled in the fire, which caused a number of thundering explosions that echoed across the valley, the report said.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish