Iowa Farm Fire Result of Electrical Malfunction Thinkstock image

Iowa Farm Fire Result of Electrical Malfunction

The barn was a 1,200-unit hog confinement building.

A fire at a farm in Iowa was likely caused by an electrical equipment malfunction. According to the Sioux City Journal, the fire broke out in a barn in Le Mans last week.

The barn was a 1,200-unit hog confinement building, and fire officials said the electrical malfunction seemed to have taken place in the southwest corner of the building.

The building was a total loss, but no animals were in the building at the time of the fire.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish