Texas Child Burned from Electrical Event

Texas Child Burned from Electrical Event

The seven-year-old stepped on a service enclosure.

A Texas child suffered second-degree burns on his leg after an apparent underground electrical event late last week. The seven-year-old stepped on a service enclosure, according to a report from NBCDFW.com.

Oncor told NBCDFW it is actively investigating the accident, but could not offer a possible explanation.

Two different electricians who spoke with NBCDFW each suggested that what likely happened is that the insulation covering the electrical lines beneath the concrete lid of the service enclosure, also called a Hand Hole, failed somehow. And when the boy stepped on the lid, it caused the 120V lines to make contact with one another.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish