The 2014 Fossil Outage Forum Workshop will be on June 23 – 25 at the Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City in Charlotte, North Carolina. The workshop will provide a forum for outage management peers to exchange experiences, best practices, and ideas related to current and emerging issues associated with outage planning and execution. The meeting will begin on the afternoon of Monday, June 23, followed by a “meet and greet” reception in the evening.
- Workshop sessions will continue the next morning and will adjourn at 12:00 noon on Wednesday, June 2 5
- Plans for the agenda include
- Presentations of outage case studies
- A roundtable discussion of success stories and lessons learned
- Presentations on measuring productivity improvements and DTE Energy’s new quality program
- A review of the latest submittals to the Outage Metrics Database and recognition of top performers in outage management
- Panel discussions on outage scheduling, turbine/generator outages, and managing scaffolding during outages
The workshop registration fee for delegates from EUCG member utilities is $285. The fee for delegates from non-member organizations is $350. Registration includes meeting materials; the reception on June 23; and breakfast, lunch, and breaks while the workshop is in session. The deadline for workshop registration is Friday, June 6, 2014.