Construction Worker Shocked; Electrician Performs CPR KCCI Des Moines

Construction Worker Shocked; Electrician Performs CPR

The incident started when an electrician and contractor were preparing to do work involving two transformers.

Rescue crews were called to Drake University yesterday after a construction worker reportedly suffered an electrical shock. The incident started when an electrician and contractor were preparing to do work involving two transformer in front of Olin Hall in Des Moines.

According to a report from KCCI Des Moines, one of the "boxes" was open as the electrician was showing the contractor where to drill holes and avoid hitting the "switches and pipes." The contractor leaned into the box to get a closer look and was shocked.

The electrician started CPR immediately after finding the contractor's heart had stopped. The man was conscious again by the time rescue crews and police arrived, the report said. The contractor, 27, suffered burns to his hands and head and was taken to a local metro hospital.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish