Contractor Electrocuted at Commercial Building in Phoenix

Contractor Electrocuted at Commercial Building in Phoenix

The worker died after being exposed to a live electrical circuit.

A contractor working at a commercial building in Phoenix was electrocuted Monday morning. The dead man's identity and the cause of the accident were not immediately known, according to Capt. Aaron Ernsberger, Phoenix Fire Department spokesman.

12 News reported that the worker died after being exposed to a live electrical circuit. Power to the building had to be cut before emergency crews could access his body, according to the report.

"The electrician, an adult male, was unable to be revived from his injuries," the Fire Captain said.

The Fire Department alerted Salt River Project of the electrocution, and SRP sent troubleshooters to the scene to assist.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish