Contractor Electrocuted on Gas Station Roof in Florida

Contractor Electrocuted on Gas Station Roof in Florida

Joshua Edward Hatcher, 24, went into cardiac arrest and was transported in critical condition to Baptist South Hospital.

A contractor working on a lighting system on the roof of a gas station was electrocuted this week in Florida. Joshua Edward Hatcher, 24, went into cardiac arrest and was transported in critical condition to Baptist South Hospital where he later died, according to a report from the First Coast News.

He and another man were working on the roof when the accident occurred. St. Johns County Fire Rescue asked for ladder truck assistance from Jacksonville Fire and Rescue, who also responded. Paramedics were performing CPR on the man as he was being taken away in the rescue vehicle, according to the report.

An accident investigation is pending.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish