Couple Electrocuted at Playacar Hotel ISMODE/iStock/Thinkstock

Couple Electrocuted at Playacar Hotel

The couple suffered electrocution from an in-suite Jacuzzi.

Two Canadians who had arrived in the Riviera Maya for a wedding have been found dead inside their Playacar Palace hotel room.

According to a report from the Riviera Maya News, the couple suffered electrocution from an in-suite Jacuzzi. A report from the State Attorney’s Office said that an autopsy determined the “male person died of a heart attack and the female died of asphyxia by drowning during an estimated time of between 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. Monday morning.”

The couple, who were supposed to be attending their daughter’s wedding this weekend, were found without vital signs in the Playacar hotel where they were staying.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish