Dog in Juneau Electrocuted on Sidewalk Darryl Brooks/iStock/Thinkstock

Dog in Juneau Electrocuted on Sidewalk

The box is city property, and the matter is under investigation.

A dog was electrocuted in Juneau, Alaska, when it stepped on a junction box on the sidewalk. The box is city property, and the matter is under investigation, according to a report from Alaska Dispatch News.

A woman was walking the dog around midnight this past Saturday when it stepped on the box and was killed. All of Juneau's street lighting wires are underground in conduits, protected by junction boxes on the sidewalk with metal lids over them, the report said.

The city risk manager called the woman and apologized. She said a lot of construction was going on in the area.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish