Electric Cooperative Crew Member Electrocuted in Texas

Electric Cooperative Crew Member Electrocuted in Texas

A two-man crew was working on an underground transformer when one of the employees slipped and fell.

A Magic Valley Electric Cooperative employee died after he suffered an electric shock at a job site in San Juan, Tx, earlier this week.

According to KRGV 5 News, a two-man crew was working on an underground transformer when one of the employees slipped and fell, and made physical contact with the transformer. The injured man’s co-worker was able to pull him out and perform CPR, while he waited for medical crews to arrive.

The victim was a veteran worker with more than 20 years of experience with Magic Valley, and both men were taking all the necessary safety measures while on duty, according to the Magic Valley Western Division manager.

The company's safety coordinator was called to the scene to investigate the situation.

 

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish