Electrician Electrocuted on the Job in Connecticut

Electrician Electrocuted on the Job in Connecticut

The victim, who has been identified as Matthew Hoffman, 42, died at the hospital.

An electrician working in the laser tag area at an entertainment facility in Connecticut was removing light fixtures this week when he was electrocuted. The victim, who has been identified as Matthew Hoffman, 42, died at the hospital. He worked as a licensed electrician for Northern Nights Electric in Bolton.

According to a report from the Associated Press, the worker was removing light fixtures at the Nomads Adventure Quest in South Windsor when he fell from a platform and grabbed live wires. The workers had thought the power was off in the building, and had thrown the circuit breakers as an extra precaution.

The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate along with local authorities.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish