Man Drowns After Shock While Working on Boathouse

Man Drowns After Shock While Working on Boathouse

An engineer found the electrical wiring in the new structure was installed incorrectly.

A 24-year-old man working on an addition to a boathouse in Pennsylvania drowned after receiving an electrical shock last month. He was found unresponsive in the water by the homeowner.

An engineer with Barry Isett & Associates, Harvey Lake Borough’s third-party building code service, found the electrical wiring in the new structure was installed incorrectly, which caused the electrical shock Watkins received from a boat lift according to a report from The Times Leader.

The police chief said that a stop-work order was now in place for this property. Violations were found at the site, he said.

OSHA is investigating.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish