light fixture themacx/iStock/Thinkstock

Man Electrocuted While Relamping Parking Lot Fixture

Henry Naranjo Sr., 62 years old, was working in a boom lift when he somehow made contact with a power line.

A worker was electrocuted last weekend in Tolleson, Ariz., while relamping a parking lot fixture. Henry Naranjo Sr., 62 years old, was working in a boom lift when he somehow made contact with a power line, according to a report from the Arizona Republic.

He was working about 10 ft above the ground when the accident occurred. "Somehow that bucket came in contact with some overhead power lines," the Tolleson Fire Chief said.

Firefighters were initially called out for a "high-angle rescue," but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish