Oklahoma Man Shocked While Performing Maintenance on Machinery

Oklahoma Man Shocked While Performing Maintenance on Machinery

The Verdigris, Okla. Fire Department was dispatched to a business in Verdigris and discovered a 48-year-old male in the vicinity of machinery that had shocked him

A man performing maintenance on machinery at an Oklahoma business has survived an electric shock of nearly 480 V. The Verdigris, Okla. Fire Department was dispatched to a business in Verdigris and discovered a 48-year-old male in the vicinity of machinery that had shocked him.

According to a report from The Daily Progress, the man warned firefighters to “not touch the machine” because it still had current flowing through it. The man was reportedly coherent and claimed the shock lasted about 25 seconds.

The response team had to de-energize the equipment, disengaging power to the machinery in order to safely approach the victim.

The victim was in stable condition upon being life-flighted to a Tulsa hospital.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish