Pool Repairman Dies in Suspected Electrocution in Florida boggy22/iStock/Thinkstock

Pool Repairman Dies in Suspected Electrocution in Florida

He and another employee of Cox Pools were at a private residence to repair pool lights.

A pool repairman died from a suspected electrocution this past Monday in Panama City Beach, Fla. He and another employee of Cox Pools were at a private residence to repair pool lights, according to a report from the News Herald.

The coworker said he was working at the breaker box, and Ryan Cook, 27, was in the pool when he advised Cook it was all right to pull the wires. The Deputy's Report stated that black electrical lines with bare ends were inside the pool while at the scene, but a cause of death would be determined by an autopsy.

The report said deputies worked to revive Cook with CPR and an automated external defibrillator until Bay County Fire and EMS arrived. Cook was then taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

 

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish