School District in Michigan Repairs Stadium After Electrocution

School District in Michigan Repairs Stadium After Electrocution

The boy was playing catch last October with other students on the sidelines when he came in contact with a fence.

Lincoln, Michigan, Consolidated Schools is repairing a high school football stadium where a 13-year-old was electrocuted last fall. The boy was playing catch last October with other students on the sidelines when he came in contact with a fence on a handicap ramp and was shocked. He died three days later.

According to a report from Michigan Live, an investigation found there was a short circuit in a light pole, and a ground wire between two light posts on the field did not connect to the circuit breaker. The electricity traveled to the fence near the bleachers.

The district now has a new preventive maintenance schedule to examine all school facilities regularly for wear and tear.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish