Teen Boy Electrocuted While Doing Experiment

Teen Boy Electrocuted While Doing Experiment

It appeared the boy was trying something called a “Jacob's Ladder.”

 A 15-year-old Ohio boy was electrocuted last week while in the process of conducting an experiment he saw on Youtube. Erie County, Ohio, deputies said it appeared the boy was trying something called a “Jacob's Ladder,” defined as a high-voltage traveling arc of electricity between two points.

According to the Sandusky Register, first responders were called to a home in Vermilion Township at about 6 p.m. for a medical emergency. Paramedics and firefighters administered treatment when they arrived at the scene. They then transported the teen to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

The boy was in his garage while conducting the experiment, and his family was home at the time.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish