Wife Sues After Siemens Employee Electrocuted

Wife Sues After Siemens Employee Electrocuted

Dwayne Walters was performing routine electrical maintenance work at the steel facility when he was found unconscious.

A wife is suing Siemens Industry, Inc., AK Steel Corporation, Doble Engineering Co. and General Electric Co., over her husband's electrocution last June at AK Steel Ashland Works in Kentucky.

Her husband,Dwayne Walters, was performing routine electrical maintenance work at the steel facility when he was found unconscious. He appeared to have been electrocuted while performing testing work at a substation when he came in contact with a wire.

Sharon Walters filed a complaint on June 6 in Raleigh, W.V., Circuit Court against the defendants, alleging that they failed to provide a safe place to work. The complaint alleges that, as a proximate result of the defendants' acts and omissions, Walters was killed as a result of electrocution on June 23, 2015. The plaintiff holds the defendants responsible because they allegedly failed to provide proper task training, failed to properly inspect and control the work being performed, failed to ensure that decedent was wearing gloves and the foreman improperly had both safety stop switches in his hand.

The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks judgment against the defendants for compensatory and punitive damages, costs of this suit and for such other and further relief as the court deems just and proper.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish