Worker Electrocuted at High School in Arizona

Worker Electrocuted at High School in Arizona

Andrew Hayes, 34, an employee of McAtlin Electric was attempting to connect a piece of equipment to the building’s power supply.

An electrical contractor was performing maintenance at Lake Havasu High School in Arizona when he was electrocuted. Andrew Hayes, 34, an employee of McAtlin Electric was attempting to connect a piece of equipment to the building’s power supply earlier this week.

According to Today's News Herald, witnesses said they heard an explosion from the school’s mechanical room and rushed to investigate. They found Hayes unconscious and not breathing. Havasu medical responders pronounced Hayes dead at the scene.

Hayes was part of a work crew that was installing portable chillers to provide air conditioning to the building. Electricity was shut off at the high school after the incident, but according to UniSource spokesman Bill De Julio, power was restored by late afternoon.

OSHA is investigating.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish