A man working on a boat dock at the site of the HGTV Dream Home giveaway in Florida last week was electrocuted before falling into the Indian River Lagoon. The death is being investigated as accidental.
According to a report from USA Today, the victim was a worker on the property doing electrical work. The apparent accidental electrocution victim was 37-year-old James Sands of Melbourne.
Sands was unresponsive when paramedics arrived. They tried to resuscitate him before transporting him to Cape Canaveral Hospital for further treatment.
USA Today reported that the home was chosen as part of the show's 20th annual design project and remodeling effort. A national contest to determine who will win the home — located along one of Brevard County's most desirable real estate locations — will take place later this year.