Four nursing students on break from a CPR class in Texas last September got to test their skills when an electrician was electrocuted nearby. The electrician recently was reunited with the four nursing students who saved his life that day, according to a story from Houston television station KHOU.
Electrician Gary Glover was using a crowbar to lift a manhole cover when the bar contacted a live wire. Glover, an electrician supervisor for Crescent Electric Co., immediately went into cardiac arrest. Another electrician working with Glover, Lorrin Ching, managed to roll him away from the energized cover by pulling him away by his shirt before beginning CPR.
The four students noticed what was happening and took over compressions as police were called. Police used an a automated external defibrillator (AED) to help get his heart into rhythm as the students continued heart compressions.
Five days after the incident, Glover returned to work at the Texas City campus.