The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has issued 12 serious safety violations to Wright Pallet, Inc. in Ohio. Inspectors from OSHA's Toledo office opened an inspection under the Local Emphasis Program for pallet manufacturing. The agency found Wright Pallet's workers exposed to multiple hazards.
During its investigation, the agency found the company:
- Failed to train workers in hearing conservation and electrical safety related work practices.
- Lacked electrical safe work practices, including not providing personal protective equipment.
- Allowed machines to operate without safety guards.
- Lacked adequate lockout/tag out procedures to prevent unintentional machine starts during service and maintenance such as clearing jams, and adjusting operating parts.
- Allowed forklift drivers to handle unstable loads and operate with a limited view of travel.
- Improperly stored compressed gas cylinders
- Allowed workers to wear hearing protection improperly.
The proposed penalties are $51,590.