Smith Seckman Reid, Fort Worth Electric, Southwire
- Nashville, Tenn.-based Smith Seckman Reid recently announced its plans to acquire Denver-based Gordon, Gumeson and Associates, Inc. With the acquisition, Smith Seckman Reid now has nine office locations throughout the United States.
- The Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce recently selected Forth Worth Electric as a Rising Star 2006 Small Business of the Year finalist. One of three finalists selected from 100 nominees, the electrical contracting firm was recognized for demonstrated “Best Practices” of entrepreneurship.
- Carrollton, Ga.-based Southwire Company has acquired the wire and cable assets of Essex Electrical Products, including Essex’s plant in Florence. Ala. Southwire will continue to operate the Florence plant, which manufactures building wire used in residential, commercial, and industrial construction.
- Los Angeles-based Solar Integrated Technologies recently announced the completion of 39 industrial solar roofing projects in 2005. The company’s total for installed projects is 58 aggregating more than 5MW of installed generating capacity.
- On Jan. 30 American Superconductor Corp., Westborough, Mass., announced the start of production of two SuperVAR dynamic synchronous condensers. The company expects the new systems to be the world’s first commercial high-temperature superconductor product used on the grid.