The NFPA Conference & Expo — a fire, electrical and building safety event — is asking for proposals that are informed by research and practice. The conference and expo will take place in Boston from June 4-7, 2017.
Take advantage of this opportunity to showcase experience and expertise by providing attendees with information and knowledge that helps them understand and apply NFPA codes and standards. For 2017, NFPA is seeking proposals that reflect thought leadership in the field and focus on the topics its stakeholders are talking about, such as:
- Effective and efficient enforcement
- Building electrical safety programs
- The Internet of Things (IoT)
- First responder occupational exposure and safety
- Code application in healthcare settings
- Energy management and storage
The organization is looking for exciting and engaging sessions that provide attendees with tools they can use right away, and we are particularly interested in proposals that offer:
- Case studies that detail a specific problem you faced, how you solved it, what you learned, and what lessons can be applied to other circumstances
- Practical sessions that address common challenges or experiences in the field, or present new solutions to existing problems
- Interactive panel discussions that examine a single concept from multiple perspectives and encourage attendees to re-examine their own assumptions or practices
- Explanations of new approaches to long-time problems
Applications must be received by Monday, Sept. 12, 2016, at 5:00 p.m. ET. Selection will be based on quality, relevance, focus, practical application, and on the presenter's experience and credentials.