Two electrical contractors were shocked while replacing stolen copper wire near a mine in West Virginia. One man was electrocuted while the other had serious injuries, reported WTOV 9 News.
The contractors were working for American Electric Power when they came into contact with a live wire. They were near the Murray Energy McElroy Mine.
The incident, which occurred at shortly before 2:30 p.m. Monday afternoon, was near the mine site and investigators with the state Mine Office of Health Safety & Training were called in to investigate, according to a report from West Virginia Metro News.