UPDATE: Five people were taken to the hospital after an electrical shock while they were riding on an amusement ride in New London, Conn., yesterday afternoon. Four of them were children. They were on the Scrambler ride at Ocean Beach Park when the incident occurred.
An electrical problem has been identified as the cause of an electrical shock, according to an updated report from The Bulletin 225.
According to a report from WIAT News, Connecticut State and New London police were called to the park just before 2 p.m. after getting a report of people struck by electricity near the rides. Police say when they arrived, they found six people who said they suffered various degrees of electrical shock.
One child suffered minor burns to his hands when he touched a bar as he was leaving the area of the ride, according to a CBS News report. The operator also felt the shock as he turned off the ride.
The electrical issues that caused the injuries have been repaired by a licensed electrician in the presence of detectives from the State Police Fire and Explosion Investigation Unit and representatives from the New London Fire Marshal's office.