Scholes Electric Piscataway infoUSA
<p>Scholes Electric, Piscataway</p>

Electric Company Employee Injured from Live Wire

William Cotton was working on the grounding wires of&nbsp;a high-power transformer at the offices.

A Scholes Electric employee was knocked unconscious and went into cardiac arrest after touching a live wire. William Cotton of Easton, Pennsylvania, was working on the grounding wires of a high-power transformer at at Goldman Sachs offices, when the accident happened. He was working on the grounding connections — called snubbers — when the facility lost power and the foreman stepped away briefly to investigate the power outage.

The Bridgewater Patch reported the incident in which Cotton received third-degree burns.

When [foreman] Corsini returned, he found Cotton collapsed on the ground, unconscious and not breathing.  A Scholes employee, James Bishop, and Police Officer Stephen Black performed CPR on Cotton, before volunteers with the Bradley Gardens Rescue Squad and paramedics from Somerset Medical Center arrived to provide additional life-saving efforts. Cotton's pulse was restored by the CPR, and he was  taken to Somerset Medical Center for treatment...(Bridgewater Patch)
Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.