First responders stock image katifcam/iStock

Florida Contractor Dies in Electrocution

An electrical contractor doing work for Florida Power & Light in Hallandale Beach, Fla., on Wednesday was electrocuted while working on a transformer and was pronounced dead at an area hospital.

Local news website www.local10.com reported that firefighters responded to the 8th floor of the Prince George Condo building at 4865 S. Ocean Dr., and took the man to Aventura Medical Center.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinal reported that Martin Roque, 50, of Hollywood, Fla., was changing out a transformer in the condominium building's electrical room when the incident happened.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish