Skip navigation

Code Q&A

Q. Can a circuit breaker be used to switch fluorescent lighting?

A. Yes, but the circuit breakers must be listed and marked SWD or HID. High-intensity discharge (HID) lighting can be switched only by circuit breakers marked HID [240.83(D].

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.