An electrician working at a construction site in Chicago’s Near North Side was injured in a shock incident doing work near fire pumps, according to reports from local media.
The website for WLS-TV, abc7chicago.com, reported Friday that a worker in his 30s was working at a new construction site on North Clark St. Friday morning when the incident occurred. He was transported to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in serious to critical condition. He was later upgraded to good condition. The site reported that the electrician temporarily lost a heartbeat but was revived by rescue crews administering CPR. No other workers were injured.
In a report for EC&M in our January issue, Anthony Dawes took a look at the ways electrical energy can interact with the human body and the fundamentals of incident prevention: Electrical Hazards and the Human Body