An electrician survived a serious shock while working on a sign in front of a market in Shelbyville, Tenn. Electrician Barry Frizzell whistled and called for help from a scissor lift after he was shocked last week.
The Shelbyville-Times Gazette reported that Frizzell told bystanders he was OK, but it was a matter of reaching him. Due to the possibility of more contact with the line, he was unable to come down without help.
"He was working on the sign. He went up and apparently caught a line on the corner of the lift," a customer told the Gazette.
Frizzell was not believed to be seriously injured and, while lying on the scissor lift platform's floor, was communicating with people on the ground including his wife Sherry. He was airlifted to Vanderbilt Medical Center for precautionary reasons, Shelbyville police said. City fire, police and power system personnel rushed to the store and cleared the area as the electricity to the sign was cut off.