A man was electrocuted by a dock as he climbed out of the water last week at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. The 21-year-old was swimming at a dock when he and a fellow swimmer felt electricity in the water. The highway patrol reported he tried to get out of the water by using the dock ladder, but when he did so, he was shocked and fell into the water face-down.
According to the report from LakeExpo.com, someone ran to the shore and shut off the power to the dock as soon as the incident occurred. The fire district confirmed that electric service to the dock in question has been removed to ensure no other problems occur. The issue is still being investigated.
The electrocution comes on the heels of a decision by the Missouri Supreme Court that holds Ameren UE not liable for the electrocution of two children in the Lake in 2012.